B always seems super interested in the contents of my monthly subscription boxes, so I thought I’d get him a 3 month membership to Birchbox Man. If he hates it, then I won’t renew. If he loves it? Well then I know what he’s getting for Christmas!
I placed the order last week sometime and the first box was delivered on Saturday. I LOVE instant gratification like that. Like Birchbox for woman, there are multiple box combinations every month. B got the August “Welcome Box”. Basically, it’s the generic box because when you gift a subscription, you don’t put in the recipient’s preferences. He got an e-mail from Birchbox when the first box shipped letting him know about the gift and requesting that he complete his profile. Anyways, back to August’s box. It included the following:
1. Quirky Cordies ($10): I actually have one of these and love it. It’s, well, a cord holder. If you have cords falling all over the floor like we do, then you need this. B opened this up right away and put it next to his bed. Guess he’s pretty tired of picking his iPhone / iPad cords up off the ground.
2. Quirky Wrapster ($5): I think I may try and steal this from B. I mean, I want my headphones to be neatly wrapped up too. I doubt I will be successful though. Who can stand tangled up headphones? Ugh. With all the traveling that B does, this should come in pretty handy.
3. Supersmile Professional Whitening System (full size: $36): Okay, I know B is going to try this and LOVE it and it’s all going to be my fault. It’s whitening toothpaste and a whitening accelerating agent and is supposed to be amazing. For 10x the price of normal whitening toothpaste, it should be. B is all over this sample and cannot wait to test it out.
4. CoSTUME NATIONAL Scent Intense (full size: $140): Please, please, please don’t let B fall in love with his. I find $140 for a “scent” to be a little much. B’s first thought was favorable, but I’m going to tell him he stinks every time he wears it .
5. Jock Soap Bloody Orange Body Bar (full size: $8): B’s not really a bar soap guy , but this sure does smell good. If I got a bar soap sample, I’d think it was cute, but would never use it. I know B will at least give this a try.
6. Banta Berry Super Moisturizing Face Cream for Men (full size: $20): B is much better at taking care of his skin than I will ever be, so I know he’s pleased with this sample. He currently uses a Kiehl’s moisturizer, but he’s not totally loyal, so he’ll give this a go. I read the description online and was shocked you only need a pea sized amount for your face. To me that just don’t feel like enough. But what do I know?
I’d say box #1 was a complete success. The Quirky items alone were worth $15, so $5 for the remaining 4 samples? Not bad at all. B loves it and is already looking forward to next month! Can you blame him?
Disclosure: You click and buy, I get free stuff.