Oh why oh why do you have to ask me all these dumb questions? Didn’t your mom ever tell you not to talk to strangers??
- What’s is its name? W.
- Is it a boy or a girl? Umm, see above.
- How old is he? 9 weeks.
- Ohh, he looks so big for his age. Umm, okay. (or)
- He’ so little, he needs to eat more! If you say so.
- My aunts sister’s kid’s brother’s nephew has a baby that age and he’s so much bigger / smaller. That’s nice. I have a dog.
- Do you breastfeed? No.
- Ohh, so that’s why he’s so much bigger / smaller than my cousin’s step-sisters uncle’s wife’s kid? Yep, that’s probably it.
- He’s so alert. Yeah, usually when he’s not sleeping he has his eyes open.
- My aunt’s sister’s in-law’s step-daughter’s baby could (insert thing no 9 week old can do) by now. Oh, that’s nice. I actually have two dogs.
I’m pretty sure you get the idea where I am going with this. I’m not sure why strangers find people with newborns exciting to talk to, but I can assure you I am neither exciting nor friendly when I am trying to run errands. And really, do you think my 4 year old likes to stand there nicely as you pepper me with questions that are none of your business anyways?? I think not. So stop. And if my kids both just happen to be quiet at the same time, I for sure do NOT want to talk. I just want to grocery shop and enjoy the quiet.